Matchbox Fishing Tackle Ltd, trading as matchboxtackle.com
Where items are in stock and not on back order, we aim to offer a “Next Working Day” delivery service to post codes considered to be “Mainland UK”. This means items ordered before 2PM on one working day are delivered on the next working day (Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays).
Remote areas such as, but not limited the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and BFPO addresses are likely to be delivered to on a “3 Working Day” basis
To offer our “Next Working Day” delivery service we rely on courier companies who offer a good service, with a minimum of 95% of orders delivered on a next working day basis.
Unforeseen issues do arise for courier companies, meaning that items may be delivered later than the next working day. Therefore, we cannot guarantee next working day delivery, but we aim to meet it as close to 100% of the time as possible. For this reason, we show our standard delivery time as 1 – 2 days, but always endeavour to achieve a next working day service wherever possible.
Once your order is packed and shipped you will receive an e mail with the parcel tracking details, so you can track your parcel and delivery time.
Some examples to illustrate the above: (for “Mainland UK” postcodes)
- Goods ordered before 2PM on a Monday are likely to be delivered on the Tuesday.
- Goods ordered after 2PM on a Monday are likely to be delivered on the Wednesday.
- Goods ordered between 2PM Thursday and 2PM Friday are likely to be delivered on the Monday
- Goods ordered after 2PM on a Friday are likely to be delivered on the Tuesday
The above are not including Bank Holidays.
We aim to be fair in our delivery charges, and only pass on the costs we get charged for delivery to you. Our general charges are £3.99 per box for orders under £50.00, and £6.50 per box up to a max weight of 30 kg over £50.00 . This reasonably reflects what we pay to most UK postcodes. Remote postcodes do cost more and as such we reserve the right to add the remote surcharge cost to the delivery cost at the time of order. Orders involving multiple parcels or weights of over £30 kg will also cost more and we reserve the right to add any charged weight surcharge cost. You will be able to see the total cost of delivery for the items and can choose not to proceed with the order if you believe the cost to be too high.
Small items such as some accessories can be posted by Royal mail. If we can post the item you will be charged the postage, but we reserve the right to decide which is the most appropriate shipping method and cost.
Where Do We Deliver To?
Where next working day delivery is available, we try to deliver as follows:
- England (Mainland): next working day delivery is available to all mainland English postcodes.
- England, Isle of Wight: we can deliver to the Isle of Wight, but it will take longer and a next day service is not possible.
- Wales: next working day delivery is available to all mainland Welsh postcodes.
- Scotland (Mainland): next working day delivery is available to most mainland Scottish postcodes.
- Scotland (remote mainland locations): we can deliver to most remote mainland locations, such as the Scottish Highlands, but it will take longer and a next day service is not possible.
- Northern Ireland: We can deliver to Northern Ireland, but the cost will be higher and there is no Next Day service.
- Offshore and extremely remote locations: we may be able to deliver to offshore UK islands by special arrangement so please ring us to discuss.
When Do We Deliver?
Delivery days are Monday to Friday.
Deliveries are not made on weekends, Bank Holidays or between Christmas and New Year.
We use a variety of different couriers. We will send you tracking information by email if it is available, and where possible some of our couriers are able to give delivery time updates by text message if you have inserted your mobile phone number during the checkout process. Please note that we are not always able to provide you with a specific delivery time.
What You Need To Do When A Delivery Is Made
When a courier delivers they will generally require a signature to indicate that the goods have been received in good condition. It is important that you check the goods fully. If there is any indication of damage or the courier will not wait for the goods to be checked, either refuse delivery or make sure that you mark the courier’s paperwork as “Goods Damaged” or “Goods Unchecked” before you sign for the receipt of the goods.
Damaged goods happen very rarely but if you do think there is an issue do not attempt to use any goods. Take pictures of the damage and contact us immediately and within fourteen days of delivery. For more information about returns please see our Terms & Conditions.